Saturday, November 27, 2010

Let it Snow....

Ok, so I've been a crap blogger as of late. You may all give out to me.. it's ok.. I can take it! Due to reasons beyond my control and reasons that were fully in my control I just haven't had time to take outfit posts. 


Firstly I'd like to blame it on the weather. No matter how many photographers and websites and manuals I've consulted I just can't get my camera to do what i want it to... and considering I go to work in dull light and come home in darkness my days off are my only chance for photos. Now... In theory this should still give me at least 2 to 3 photos a week... but.. I've been busy on my days off. I'd like to be able to say that I've been doing REALLY important, life changing things... but I haven't.... I've been on exciting adventures to other cities and abroad and generally just having fun :) 


So..... sorry blog land, I hang my head in shame... but I intend to get back to it in the run up to Christmas. I have super exciting things planned for my future and this blog will play a big part in it, so I'm gonna start taking it seriously.


In the meantime....


SNOW!!! IT'S SNOWING IN IRELAND!!! I love it :) Check out the view from my mum's room this afternoon:




I would now like to reveal a little bit about my personality that came to light today. Basically, if you want to have light hearted snowman making fun, don't invite me. I am the dictator of snow construction.. If we're going to make a snowman, we're going to make a snowman and it's going to be brilliant! Having said that... despite my leadership skills this is what we ended up with, not the best... but hey.. I tried (I hope one of my snowman companions reads this..teeeehee):




Given the fact I've been stuck inside most of the day, I've been catching up on tv on the RTE Player (what a great invention). I feel compelled to declare to you all my LOVE for Fade Street... (this is Ireland's answer to the Hills for those of you who aren't familiar). While the acting is awful, it's obviously staged and in real life the two main girls would never be friends... it's just brilliant. I find myself completely bewildered and shocked by each episode.. it's a kind of "is this really happening?? is this REALLY on tv?? WHO ARE THEY KIDDING??" feeling. I urge you all to check it out, it doesn't take much commitment either, the episodes are 20 mins long. In this weeks episode look out for Paul and Dani's fight.... it's all very amusing... Paul does some pushing, everyone is shocked.. and he storms off. It's a gem.


Ok Blog... I must be off, but never fear.. I will be back with proper fashion posts







Love,

El :)xx

2 comments:

  1. Your snowman is pretty incredible! I like the task of project manager too in such serious situations as snowman construction!

    Anyway, in reply to your question, my camera is a Canon Powershot SX200 IS - nothing too flashy, and far from a DSLR, but it does have some manual settings that enable you to control the lighting and saturation. I always edit my photos on photoshop afterwards to give them a warm glow, using the 'curves' setting. You can get a similar effect on Picasa (which is free!) which allows you to 'warmify' the colours and lighten or darken photos.

    I hope that helps!

    Sadie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna respond to this on your blog, in case ya don't see this :) Your help was much appreciated!! xxx

    ReplyDelete