Sunday, November 7, 2010

Co-ownership! The recessionista way!

So...both my mum and I have been pining after leopard print coats all of autumn. We both already have our own creamy coloured plain fur coats and she also has a black one but these beautiful leopard prints appearing all over shops were just too tempting to ignore. While watching Xpose on tv3 during the week this Warehouse gem appeared: 


Everybody say "ooooooo".... "aaaahhhh"

So, after the initial lust subsided I came up with this amazing idea........... wait for it:

Lets buy the fur coat together! 
(cue alarm bells, flashing lights, sirens!)


Due to work and other stuff me and my mum will be living in the same vicinity for atleast 2 years so we don't have to worry about who gets custody of the coat till at least then. Plus it worked out around 62 euro each, that's so cheap! What I like about it most (besides the insane softness) is the colour. Because I have red hair, I've found that orange leopard print can make me look a bit tacky and my mum feels the same. 

I'll be featuring this baby in an outfit post soon enough but until then here's the pretty model showing it off:






Love,

El :)xx

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't know how I'd feel about sharing clothes with my mother....she's not very fashionable....maybe if she dressed better, I'd feel differently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum's preeetty fashionable... and she only wants it for Friday nights and maybe Saturday afternoons... the rest of the time it's mine mine mine!

    :)

    ReplyDelete